A private yoga session is one of the best ways to get started with a yoga practice if you are a beginner or to deepen your practice if you want to learn more with individualized attention. And there are so many benefits to a private class.
The Benefits of Private Yoga
- Create Healthy Habits. A private class is the best way to learn to do the poses (asanas) safely and correctly. It helps you create healthy alignment habits and keeps you safe from injury.
- Answers to Questions. In a group class it may feel uncomfortable to interrupt the flow to ask a question. In a private session (online or in-person), we encourage questions! You and your teacher can talk about anything you don’t understand or want to know more about. We believe that a mentor is great at every age!
- Explore the Asanas. Let’s face it, there can be poses that confuse us, frustrate us or even hurt when we attempt them in a group class. In a private session, you can learn little tweaks to make these challenging poses more accessible. Later, you can explore new asanas to deepen the benefits of your practice.
- Get What You Need. Focus on what your body, mind or heart is most in need of with a dedicated, present teacher. Need lower back work or feeling extra anxiety? Together, we’ll develop a sequence to help you feel less pain and sleep better, or a breathing technique to wake you up or calm you down. Given the intimacy of a private session, we can concentrate solely on your body and offer specific practices tailored to your needs.
- Take it On the Road. Sometimes, we have to travel and we cannot connect with our group. Sometimes we have to fit a class in with only thirty minutes before an event. In a private setting, we can develop a travel-ready set that includes centering, breathing, warmups, poses and resting that you can use anywhere, anytime!
Contact me to discuss your needs and schedule a session.